Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ftp nmap support in Net::FTP

ftp nmap support in Net::FTP

bala

Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?

Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

Thanks.

Matija Papec

On 25 Mar 2005 03:35:24 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (bala) wrote:

>Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?
>
>Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
command in ftp RFC?

Sherm Pendley

Matija Papec wrote:

> I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
> command in ftp RFC?

No, but there is one listed in the man page for the command-line FTP client
that I have:

nmap [inpattern outpattern]
Set or unset the filename mapping mechanism. If no arguments
are specified, the filename mapping mechanism is unset. If
arguments are specified, remote filenames are mapped during
mput commands and put commands issued without a specified
remote target filename.

It sounds like it could be a handy feature for the Net::FTP module to have.

sherm--

Sherm Pendley

Matija Papec wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2005 03:35:24 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (bala) wrote:
>
>>Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename
>>mapping.

> I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
> command in ftp RFC?

Heh... I just noticed, the OP said "ftp command", not "FTP command". That
is, he's talking about a client, not the protocol. Case-sensitivity - it's
not just for PERL any more!

sherm--

bbmk1234@yahoo.co.uk

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> Matija Papec wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
> > command in ftp RFC?

> No, but there is one listed in the man page for the command-line FTP

client
> that I have:
>
> nmap [inpattern outpattern]
> Set or unset the filename mapping mechanism. If no arguments
> are specified, the filename mapping mechanism is unset. If
> arguments are specified, remote filenames are mapped during
> mput commands and put commands issued without a specified
> remote target filename.
>
> It sounds like it could be a handy feature for the Net::FTP module to

have.

> sherm--
>
> --
> Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net
> Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org

You are spot on. Not sure why Graham Barr decided not to provide this
in Net::FTP.

axel@white-eagle.invalid.uk

bala <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?
> Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

Why would you need it since s/// can do the same thing?

Axel

Matija Papec

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:20:45 -0500, Sherm Pendley wrote:

>>>Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename
>>>mapping.

>> I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
>> command in ftp RFC?

> Heh... I just noticed, the OP said "ftp command", not "FTP command". That
> is, he's talking about a client, not the protocol. Case-sensitivity - it's
> not just for PERL any more!

true, although I'm not sure if OP intentionally wrote with small caps.

I have intruders in my home networking nmap, what can I do? =?Utf-8?B?R29kdGNoZXNz?= Wireless Networking 8 03-09-2007 03:42 AM
nmap, ethereal, tcpdump, ngrep etc for Windows BOBAH.XPEHOB@gmail.com Computer Security 0 08-19-2005 02:03 PM
Nmap Malloc etc... lasek C Programming 5 11-04-2004 12:01 PM
Hiding a PIX from nmap and port-scanners. Francois Labreque Cisco 1 11-11-2003 06:42 AM

Advertisments