Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Recommendations for WYSIWYG editing components?

Recommendations for WYSIWYG editing components?

Darrel

Does anyone have any recommendation for a textarea replacement for WYSIWYG
editing for a simple CMS?

I've been playing with FCKEdit, but it still seems fairly beta, and there
isn't really any documentation.

A free/OS solution would be ideal.

-Darrel

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Darrel wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendation for a textarea replacement for WYSIWYG
> editing for a simple CMS?
>
> I've been playing with FCKEdit, but it still seems fairly beta, and there
> isn't really any documentation.
>
> A free/OS solution would be ideal.

How about FreeTextBox? (http://www.FreeTextBox.com)

In fact, I just wrote up an article about this (free) control:

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Darrel

> How about FreeTextBox? (http://www.FreeTextBox.com)
>
> In fact, I just wrote up an article about this (free) control:

Thanks! I'll take a look.

I'm also playing with HTMLArea 3 which looks quite simple to set up. Thanks!

-Darrel