Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > help! Mailer

help! Mailer

Murugesh

Hi,

I tried the following code in Windows after installing Mail::Mailer module
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Mail::Mailer;
$from_address="map\@abcd.com";
$to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
$subject="hi";
$mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
$mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
To => $to_address,
Subject => $subject,
})
or die "Can't open: $!\n";
print $mailer $body;
$mailer->close();

when compiled it shows,
Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm

the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

Thanks,
Appu

David K. Wall

Murugesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I tried the following code in Windows after installing
> Mail::Mailer module
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use Mail::Mailer;
> $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
> $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
> $subject="hi";
> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
> $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
> To => $to_address,
> Subject => $subject,
> })
> or die "Can't open: $!\n";
> print $mailer $body;
> $mailer->close();
>
> when compiled it shows,
> Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
>
> the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a Windows
system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't specify one.

Murugesh

David K. Wall wrote:
> Murugesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I tried the following code in Windows after installing
>>Mail::Mailer module
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>> use Mail::Mailer;
>> $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
>> $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
>> $subject="hi";
>> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
>> $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
>> To => $to_address,
>> Subject => $subject,
>> })
>> or die "Can't open: $!\n";
>> print $mailer $body;
>> $mailer->close();
>>
>>when compiled it shows,
>>Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
>>
>>the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

> Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
> sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a Windows
> system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't specify one.

I ran the program with --smpt <server-name> option.But it didnt work
but hangs.What could be wrong?

David K. Wall

Murugesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> David K. Wall wrote:
>> Murugesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I tried the following code in Windows after installing
>>>Mail::Mailer module
>>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>>> use Mail::Mailer;
>>> $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
>>> $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
>>> $subject="hi";
>>> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
>>> $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
>>> To => $to_address,
>>> Subject => $subject,
>>> })
>>> or die "Can't open: $!\n";
>>> print $mailer $body;
>>> $mailer->close();
>>>
>>>when compiled it shows,
>>>Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
>>>
>>>the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

>> Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
>> sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a
>> Windows system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't
>> specify one.

> I ran the program with --smpt <server-name> option.But it
> didnt work but hangs.What could be wrong?

Perhaps your veeblefitzer is clogged. I see no --smpt option in the
Mail::Mailer docs.

Re: [sendmail,perl] How to catch a mailer error [perl script as sendmail.cf mailer] Andrzej Adam Filip Perl 0 03-31-2008 09:24 PM
Default E-Mailer PT Firefox 8 01-15-2006 10:40 AM
Mailer, Newsletter script in asp/asp.net =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= ASP .Net 1 02-23-2005 10:33 PM
Auto mailer Sunil ASP .Net 2 12-30-2003 07:01 AM
Mailer and another browser Pascal Firefox 3 07-17-2003 12:47 AM

Advertisments