Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > getting and posting

getting and posting

Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran

Hi,

I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page,
see if it has any form and fields (i.e. like username,
passwd) etc and post my information to it and get back the
response. I would maintain the username and passwd my database.

Thanks,
Madhu

Keith Keller

On 2005-03-17, Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page,
> see if it has any form and fields (i.e. like username,
> passwd) etc and post my information to it and get back the
> response. I would maintain the username and passwd my database.

That's fabulous. Do you have code that's not working that you
need help debugging? You should probably post it if you do (and
you should also read the Posting Guidelines that are posted here
periodically).

--keith

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Sherm Pendley

Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran wrote:

> I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page,
> see if it has any form and fields (i.e. like username,
> passwd) etc and post my information to it and get back the
> response. I would maintain the username and passwd my database.

Have a look at the WWW::Mechanize module on CPAN.

sherm--

Jeff

Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran wrote:
> I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page, see if it has
> any form and fields (i.e. like username, passwd) etc and post my
> information to it and get back the response. I would maintain the
> username and passwd my database.

Is there a perl question here?

Are you looking for someone to write you a script? If so, there are
websites and newsgroups dedicated to finding perl developers to hire.

What have you tried? What didn't work?

As has been said many times, this is a discussion group, not a help
desk. Show us what you tried, and we'll discuss why it isn't working.

~Jeff

John Bokma

Keith Keller wrote:

> On 2005-03-17, Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page,
>> see if it has any form and fields (i.e. like username,
>> passwd) etc and post my information to it and get back the
>> response. I would maintain the username and passwd my database.

> That's fabulous. Do you have code that's not working that you
> need help debugging? You should probably post it if you do (and
> you should also read the Posting Guidelines that are posted here
> periodically).

Maybe you should stop replying like this and read the Posting Guidelines
yourself.

The OP just asks for pointers, and one can ask that without showing code,
see reply by Sherm.

If you have nothing to post, get a different hobby. Learn some Perl.

John Bokma

Jeff wrote:

> Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran wrote:
>> I am a perl newbie. All I want is to get any web page, see if it has
>> any form and fields (i.e. like username, passwd) etc and post my
>> information to it and get back the response. I would maintain the
>> username and passwd my database.

> Is there a perl question here?

Yes.

> What have you tried? What didn't work?

Maybe the OP wants a reply like Sherm gave?

> As has been said many times, this is a discussion group, not a help
> desk. Show us what you tried, and we'll discuss why it isn't working.

Or split a few more hairs.