Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > using perl/cgi to access remote Haskell compiler.

using perl/cgi to access remote Haskell compiler.

zeus.zamani@gmail.com

Hi all,

Completely stuck on this one, so any suggestions/tips would be great.

When I run the following shell command through perl I get the desired
output:

system("hugs filename.hs");

This brings up the haskell compiler and compiles the hs file.

If this were to be done directly in shell after the command, the prompt
would change to Main> indicating that its within the hugs environment.

At this point I dont know how to instruct perl to give an argument to
the program. I looked at pipelining commands, but seems to be that only
works for actual shell commands and not when you're 'inside of a
program'.

Any adivse on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys..

Zeus

Tad McClellan

> system("hugs filename.hs");
>
> This brings up the haskell compiler and compiles the hs file.
>
> If this were to be done directly in shell after the command, the prompt
> would change to Main> indicating that its within the hugs environment.
>
> At this point I dont know how to instruct perl to give an argument to
> the program.

I think you need:

perldoc -q expect

How can I write expect in Perl?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

playing with berp: python3 to haskell compiler in haskell Alia Khouri Python 0 10-31-2010 08:16 AM
Hubris connects Ruby to Haskell, will there be such a connection between Python and Haskell? Casey Hawthorne Python 3 02-17-2010 10:31 AM
a Haskell a Day Xah Lee Java 10 10-28-2005 07:25 AM
Explanation of macros; Haskell macros mike420@ziplip.com Python 80 11-07-2003 02:22 AM
Haskell distutils-type system Isaac Jones Python 2 07-03-2003 05:39 AM

Advertisments