Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Where are the warnings "keywords"?

Where are the warnings "keywords"?

bill

Suppose one wants to use a selectively localized application of

no warnings 'xyz';

to silence a particular Perl warning. How does one determine the
xyz corresponding to the warning one wants to silence?

Thanks!

bill

A. Sinan Unur

bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:d11h2g$qu3$1
@reader1.panix.com:

> Suppose one wants to use a selectively localized application of
>
> no warnings 'xyz';
>
> to silence a particular Perl warning. How does one determine the
> xyz corresponding to the warning one wants to silence?

One first reads the documentation for warnings

perldoc warnings

which points one to

perldoc perllexwarn

Sinan.

bill

In <Xns96185C058C330asu1cornelledu@127.0.0.1> "A. Sinan Unur" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:d11h2g$qu3$1
>@reader1.panix.com:

>> Suppose one wants to use a selectively localized application of
>>
>> no warnings 'xyz';
>>
>> to silence a particular Perl warning. How does one determine the
>> xyz corresponding to the warning one wants to silence?

>One first reads the documentation for warnings

>perldoc warnings

>which points one to

>perldoc perllexwarn

As it turns out I *had* read perllexwarn, but managed to miss the
crucial xref to perldiag.

Thanks,

bill