Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > mod_perl and db

mod_perl and db

Alexandre Jaquet

I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?

Any web ressource about this subject ?

thx in advance

Lord0

> I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
> mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
> DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
>
> Any web ressource about this subject ?
>
> thx in advance

You can have a look at Apache:BI - this will provide you will a persistent
pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?

Alexandre Jaquet

Lord0 a écrit :
>>I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
>>mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
>>DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
>>
>>Any web ressource about this subject ?
>>
>>thx in advance

> You can have a look at Apache:BI - this will provide you will a persistent
> pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
> the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
> store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?

thx lawrence recordset and dataset does this kind of optimisation

Alexandre Jaquet

Alexandre Jaquet a écrit :
> Lord0 a écrit :
>
>>> I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
>>> mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
>>> DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
>>>
>>> Any web ressource about this subject ?
>>>
>>> thx in advance

>> You can have a look at Apache:BI - this will provide you will a
>> persistent pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having
>> to create them *on the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results
>> of common queries and store them for future use.....what is the dot
>> net DataSet/RecordSet trick?
>>

> thx lawrence recordset and dataset does this kind of optimisation

I currently read documentation about SQL_CACHE (mysql) is that another
optimisation than mod_perl one ?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/query-cache-how.html

Lord0

> I currently read documentation about SQL_CACHE (mysql) is that another
> optimisation than mod_perl one ?
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/query-cache-how.html

Yes this is unrelated to mod_perl.

Mod_Perl - new to linux and perl but semi old to programming sf-newsgroup Perl 1 02-12-2012 09:34 PM
mod_perl installed, but mod_perl.so file not created bennett@peacefire.org Perl Misc 2 01-25-2006 10:53 PM
mod_perl on apache 1.3 and 2.0 performance test, old vs new. strage.. Pablo S Perl Misc 1 09-01-2004 10:53 AM
mod_perl and 5.8.1 Jeff Boes Perl Misc 1 10-15-2003 10:31 PM
mod_perl, OO and Globals M2 Perl Misc 3 10-08-2003 11:49 PM

Advertisments