Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Old file loads in Mozilla, New file in IExplorer

Old file loads in Mozilla, New file in IExplorer

Tommy DN

When I update my site, I always get my 'old' site in Mozilla. When I
access my site through Internet Explorer, I get my 'new' site wich is
supposed to load.
I thought I could solve the problem by deleting the temporary internet
files, so Mozilla must download the new file from the net. But I don't
know how to delete the temporary files from Mozilla. I deleted the
temporary files from internet explorer, so I think that Mozilla doesn't
use the same directory.

Moz Champion

Tommy DN wrote:

> When I update my site, I always get my 'old' site in Mozilla. When I
> access my site through Internet Explorer, I get my 'new' site wich is
> supposed to load.
> I thought I could solve the problem by deleting the temporary internet
> files, so Mozilla must download the new file from the net. But I don't
> know how to delete the temporary files from Mozilla. I deleted the
> temporary files from internet explorer, so I think that Mozilla doesn't
> use the same directory.

Just tell Mozilla when to check the site against the page.

Mozilla-->Preferences-->Advanced-->Cache

Setting it to Always or Once per Session (thats what I use) will do the trick

In any case, Mozilla uses the Cache folder within the profile Folder for such storage. You can use the Clear Cache (available with the previously given preference) to clear it if you so desire.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org