Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forms Authentication using web.config

Forms Authentication using web.config

=?Utf-8?B?TWFubnkgQ2hvaGFu?=

Hi all, I have set up forms authentication using web.config file. Its storing
the userid in sqlAuthCookie. Is there a direct command to retrieve this
userid instead of reading in cookie and retrieving it so i can present
certain information when user logs in.

Thanks

Manny

Raterus

Are you talking about the username?

User.Identity.Name

"Manny Chohan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, I have set up forms authentication using web.config file. Its storing
> the userid in sqlAuthCookie. Is there a direct command to retrieve this
> userid instead of reading in cookie and retrieving it so i can present
> certain information when user logs in.
>
> Thanks
>
> Manny

=?Utf-8?B?TWFubnkgQ2hvaGFu?=

Yes, Username it is. do i retrieve it using user.Identity.Name or is there
any other format.

Thanks

"Raterus" wrote:

> Are you talking about the username?
>
> User.Identity.Name
>
> "Manny Chohan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all, I have set up forms authentication using web.config file. Its storing
> > the userid in sqlAuthCookie. Is there a direct command to retrieve this
> > userid instead of reading in cookie and retrieving it so i can present
> > certain information when user logs in.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Manny

Raterus