Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Writing to an Excel Spreadsheet

Writing to an Excel Spreadsheet

FSD

I am using the Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-211 module to write values into a
spreadsheet. The module is very powerful and robust, but there is one thing
that I cannot seem to do. I need to open a spreadsheet daily and write
values to it. Not a problem, but I do not know how to append to a sheet.
That is, I do not know how to find the last row in the sheet and then simply
write to $lastrow+1. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?
Thanks
FSD

Steven Kuo

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, FSD wrote:

> I am using the Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-211 module to write values into a
> spreadsheet. The module is very powerful and robust, but there is one thing
> that I cannot seem to do. I need to open a spreadsheet daily and write
> values to it. Not a problem, but I do not know how to append to a sheet.
> That is, I do not know how to find the last row in the sheet and then simply
> write to $lastrow+1. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?
> Thanks
> FSD

Spreadsheet:arseExcel defines a "Worksheet" object that
appears to be a blessed hash reference and allows one
to find the last row by dereferencing. E.g.,

$oWkS->{MaxRow}

See the documentation for Spreadsheet:arseExcel for details.
Use it to parse the spreadsheet, then use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
to update the spreadsheet.

--
Hope this helps,
Steven