Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Standard regexps module?

Standard regexps module?

bill

After searching CPAN for a while, I was not able to find a Perl
module consisting of "standard" regular expressions (e.g. the
"standard" regular expression to match an internet IP address, or
a "number", or a "Perl identifier", etc.). I realize that in some
cases it is pretty easy to come up with the regexp oneself, but
this kind of code seems like a trivially good candidate for re-use.

Pointers to the right CPAN module would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

bill

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

bill wrote:
> After searching CPAN for a while, I was not able to find a Perl
> module consisting of "standard" regular expressions (e.g. the
> "standard" regular expression to match an internet IP address, or
> a "number", or a "Perl identifier", etc.). I realize that in some
> cases it is pretty easy to come up with the regexp oneself, but
> this kind of code seems like a trivially good candidate for re-use.
>
> Pointers to the right CPAN module would be much appreciated.

You seem to looking for Regexp::Common.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

bill

In <(E-Mail Removed)> Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>bill wrote:
>> After searching CPAN for a while, I was not able to find a Perl
>> module consisting of "standard" regular expressions (e.g. the
>> "standard" regular expression to match an internet IP address, or
>> a "number", or a "Perl identifier", etc.). I realize that in some
>> cases it is pretty easy to come up with the regexp oneself, but
>> this kind of code seems like a trivially good candidate for re-use.
>>
>> Pointers to the right CPAN module would be much appreciated.

>You seem to looking for Regexp::Common.

Yep. That'd be the one! Thanks!

bill