Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Piecewise fetching using perl dbi

Piecewise fetching using perl dbi

JonL

We have some data in an Oracle database stored as a Long Raw.
We can extract it using DBI, but only up to a certain length.
Once we get above 20MB we start getting error messsages ora-1062 which
comes out as
01062, 00000, "unable to allocate memory for define buffer"
// *Cause: Exceeded the maximum buffer size for current plaform
// *Action: Use piecewise fetch with a smaller buffer size
// *Action: Use a client application linked with V8 (or higher)
libraries.60

I've looked up piecwise fetching and inserting in various Oracle
documents but I dont think DBI supports it. Any Ideas?

xhoster@gmail.com

"JonL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We have some data in an Oracle database stored as a Long Raw.
> We can extract it using DBI, but only up to a certain length.
> Once we get above 20MB we start getting error messsages ora-1062 which
> comes out as
> 01062, 00000, "unable to allocate memory for define buffer"
> // *Cause: Exceeded the maximum buffer size for current plaform
> // *Action: Use piecewise fetch with a smaller buffer size
> // *Action: Use a client application linked with V8 (or higher)
> libraries.60
>
> I've looked up piecwise fetching and inserting in various Oracle
> documents but I dont think DBI supports it. Any Ideas?

Maybe upgrade your client application linked with V8 or higher.

Or switch from long raw to blob. I know I've gone bigger than 20MB using
blobs.

Or use the "substr" sql function to select only chunks of the data.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Fetching SQL boolean values with Perl DBI? Dave Stallard Perl Misc 1 03-21-2011 12:25 AM
dealing with piecewise arrays Yaj Bhattacharya Ruby 0 03-17-2009 12:39 PM
are there any "Piecewise Cubic Hermite Interpolating Polynomial" in python jitasi Python 1 03-04-2007 07:20 AM
piecewise function dilou VHDL 4 05-30-2006 06:02 PM
Piecewise-cubic lookup table generator Will Ware Python 0 11-21-2005 10:19 PM

Advertisments