Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Help!!! Newbee to win32-programming!

Help!!! Newbee to win32-programming!

Anne-Marte

I've written a simple perl-script which is supposed to run on a
win32-platform. What exactly do I need to do to make this script run?
I get an error message saying that my script is not a valid win32
application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
DBI. What am I doing wrong?

Anne-Marte Krogsrud

Atlantis

"Anne-Marte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I've written a simple perl-script which is supposed to run on a
> win32-platform. What exactly do I need to do to make this script run?
> I get an error message saying that my script is not a valid win32
> application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
> DBI. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Anne-Marte Krogsrud

To run your script, drop to dos command line and type...

perl myscript.pl

.... obviously substitute myscript.pl as appropriate.

Ian Wilson

Anne-Marte wrote:
> I've written a simple perl-script which is supposed to run on a
> win32-platform. What exactly do I need to do to make this script run?
> I get an error message saying that my script is not a valid win32
> application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
> DBI. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Anne-Marte Krogsrud

You don't say whether you installed a Perl interpreter, or if so, which one.

I use the free download from http://www.activestate.com/. Once this is
installed, all perl scripts are directly executable, so long as you use
the expected filename extension ".pl".