Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and adblock

Firefox and adblock

Bats

What happened to the AdBlock plugin/extension under FF 0.9.1?
It sorta (kinda) seems to be there (when you right click an image), but you
can't seem to edit your list or block on wildcards anymore.
Am staying with FF 0.8 due to this.
--
Bats
~..~

Moz Champion

Bats wrote:

> What happened to the AdBlock plugin/extension under FF 0.9.1?
> It sorta (kinda) seems to be there (when you right click an image), but you
> can't seem to edit your list or block on wildcards anymore.
> Am staying with FF 0.8 due to this.

You have to add the extension to the new version

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Bats

Moz Champion wrote:
> You have to add the extension to the new version

Ok, I called-up the extensions dialogue and went to the page it opens, but I
cannot seem to find Adblock. Is it under some new name? Can I not point it
at the old extension?
Thanks.

--
Bats
~..~

mike555

Moz Champion <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4UCFc.55987$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Bats wrote:
>
> > What happened to the AdBlock plugin/extension under FF 0.9.1?
> > It sorta (kinda) seems to be there (when you right click an image), but you
> > can't seem to edit your list or block on wildcards anymore.
> > Am staying with FF 0.8 due to this.

> You have to add the extension to the new version

==== I have it working on .9.1 ========

mike555

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (mike555) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) m>...
> Moz Champion <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4UCFc.55987$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Bats wrote:
> >
> > > What happened to the AdBlock plugin/extension under FF 0.9.1?
> > > It sorta (kinda) seems to be there (when you right click an image), but you
> > > can't seem to edit your list or block on wildcards anymore.
> > > Am staying with FF 0.8 due to this.

> > You have to add the extension to the new version

> ==== I have it working on .9.1 ========

==== http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#adblock , if the
install button does nothing , download it and then drag and drop it
into the open extentions
window ....... =============

Bats

mike555 wrote:

> ==== http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#adblock , if the
> install button does nothing , download it and then drag and drop it
> into the open extentions
> window ....... =============

Thanks for that link. I am installing right now!
Is there anyway to re-use extensions from a previous version of Firefox?

--
Bats
~..~

Bats <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cc95hi$nka$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> mike555 wrote:
>
> > ==== http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#adblock , if the
> > install button does nothing , download it and then drag and drop it
> > into the open extentions

> Thanks for that link. I am installing right now!
> Is there anyway to re-use extensions from a previous version of Firefox?

==== if you have the downloads saved somewhere , just drag them into
your open
FireFox ext.'s window ........ if it screws it up , just delete the
ext.'s folder , or start in FireFox save mode and uninstall