Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > [OT] Perl Code which draws camel

[OT] Perl Code which draws camel

Bernhard Walle

Hello,

somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
have the source?

Thanks!

Regards,
Bernhard

Hendrik Maryns

Bernhard Walle schreef:
> Hello,
>
> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
> have the source?

Is http://www.cpan.org/misc/japh what you're after?

HTH, H.

Richard Gration

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:44:47 +0100, Hendrik Maryns wrote:

> Bernhard Walle schreef:
>> Hello,
>>
>> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
>> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
>> have the source?

> Is http://www.cpan.org/misc/japh what you're after?
>
> HTH, H.

I went to that page and ran the first japh (the 2001 one) and it printed
this:

Just AnoineasPerl Hacker

Does it do this for anyone else?

brian d foy

In article <cto7pa$vgl$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bernhard Walle
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
> have the source?

I think you want Acme::EyeDrops

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Acme-EyeDrops

--
brian d foy, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Subscribe to The Perl Review: http://www.theperlreview.com

ioneabu@yahoo.com

Bernhard Walle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put

in a
> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
> have the source?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Regards,
> Bernhard

It's on the back of my shirt

wana

Steven Vasilogianis

Bernhard Walle <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
> have the source?

I know of this one, but it's not small enough to fit in a sig, unless
you want to be annoying.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/321a/ (mentioned by another poster)

Hendrik Maryns

Steven Vasilogianis schreef:
> Bernhard Walle <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
>>signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
>>have the source?

> I know of this one, but it's not small enough to fit in a sig, unless
> you want to be annoying.
>

> http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/321a/ (mentioned by another poster)

If I try the code mentioned there, I get the following, what is going
wrong here?

---startoutput---

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 3.
Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 5.
Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 7.
Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 9.
Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 11.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 13.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 15.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 17.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 19.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 21.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 23.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 25.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 27.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 29.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 31.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 33.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 35.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 37.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 39.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 41.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 43.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 45.

Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
line 47.

mJXXLm. .mJXXLm
JXXXXXXXXL. JXXLm. .mJXXL .JXXXXXXXXL
{XXXXXXXXXXX. JXXXmXXXXm mXXXXmXXXL .XXXXXXXXXXX}
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXL. {XXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXX} .JXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.`XXXXXX. .XXXXXX'.JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXmXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX} {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
XX^7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF^XX
XX {XXXFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF' `7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7XXX} XX
`X}{XXX'7XXXFXXXXX^XXXXX `' `' XXXXX^XXXXX7XXXF`XXX}{X'
`'XXX' {XXX'XXXXX 7XXXF 7XXXF XXXXX`XXX} `XXX`'
.XX} {XXF {XXXX}`XXX} {XXX'{XXXX} 7XX} {XX.
{XX `XXL `7XX} 7XX} {XXF {XXF' JXX' XX}
`XX `XXL mXXF {XX XX} 7XXm JXX' XX'
XX 7XXXF `XX XX' 7XXXF XX
XX. JXXXX. 7X. .XF .XXXXL .XX
{XXL 7XF7XXX. {XX XX} .XXXF7XF JXX}
`XXX' `XXXm mXXX' `XXX'
^^^^^ ^^^^^
7XFL7JX7X{LFXJFXXF\X7J7X{ }XFLFX\7XX7LX7J}XFXLFJ7XF
`^'^^^^^''^^7XJLXX7X}LX{ }XJ{XFXXJLXF^^``^^^^^`^'
.mJXXLm mJXXLm.
.mJXXL .JXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXL. JXXLm.
mXXXXmXXXL .XXXXXXXXXXX} {XXXXXXXXXXX. JXXXmXXXXm
7XXXXXXXXX} .JXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXL. {XXXXXXXXXF
.XXXXXX'.JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.`XXXXXX.
.XXXXXXXmXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmXXXXXXX.
{XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF
7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF^XX XX^7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF
`7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7XXX} XX XX {XXXFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF'
`' XXXXX^XXXXX7XXXF`XXX}{X' `X}{XXX'7XXXFXXXXX^XXXXX `'
7XXXF XXXXX`XXX} `XXX`' `'XXX' {XXX'XXXXX 7XXXF
{XXX'{XXXX} 7XX} {XX. .XX} {XXF {XXXX}`XXX}
{XXF {XXF' JXX' XX} {XX `XXL `7XX} 7XX}
XX} 7XXm JXX' XX' `XX `XXL mXXF {XX
XX' 7XXXF XX XX 7XXXF `XX
.XF .XXXXL .XX XX. JXXXX. 7X.
XX} .XXXF7XF JXX} {XXL 7XF7XXX. {XX
mXXX' `XXX' `XXX' `XXXm
^^^^^ ^^^^^
}XFLFX\7XX7LX7J}XFXLFJ7XF 7XFL7JX7X{LFXJFXXF\X7J7X{
}XJ{XFXXJLXF^^``^^^^^`^' `^'^^^^^''^^7XJLXX7X}LX{
The use of a camel image in association with Perl is a trademark of
O'Reilly &
Associates, Inc. Used with
permission.#camelcode,copyright2000byStephenB.Jenk ins
#TheuseofacamelimagewiththetopicofPerl#isatrademar kofO'Reilly&Associates,Inc.#Us
edwithpermission.

---endofoutput---

H.

ioneabu@yahoo.com

> > http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/321a/ (mentioned by another

poster)

> If I try the code mentioned there, I get the following, what is going

> wrong here?
>
> ---startoutput---
>
> Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

<DATA>
> line 3.
> Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

<DATA>
> line 5.
> Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

<DATA>
I got it to work ok by commenting out use strict and use warnings.