Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Making HTML source "pretty"

Making HTML source "pretty"

x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com

Is there a module that will make HTML source "pretty"?

Basically, I want a module that does the same thing as CGI:retty,
except that I want to use it in a non-CGI environment. I would like to
be able to pass in a string containing the html source and then receive
the pretty version back.

I looked all over cpan and googled up a storm, but found no module like
this (which surprised me).

Thanks for any help,
Ken

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1107185481.309220.232290
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Is there a module that will make HTML source "pretty"?
>
> Basically, I want a module that does the same thing as CGI:retty,
> except that I want to use it in a non-CGI environment. I would like to
> be able to pass in a string containing the html source and then receive
> the pretty version back.
>
> I looked all over cpan and googled up a storm, but found no module like
> this (which surprised me).

http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/HTML-Tidy-1.05_01/

But, if you just want command line usage, I would suggest getting the tidy
utility:

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Sinan