Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl CGI and email

Perl CGI and email

Sebastien

HI,
I am a newbie, and just wonder.
If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?
I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Thanx

Sebatien

Martin Kissner

Sebastien wrote :
> HI,
> I am a newbie, and just wonder.
> If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email

It's Perl or perl nut not PERL

> address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

No, he can't.

> I know that's not obvious question to answer.

HTH
Martin

--
perl -e 'print 7.74.117.115.116.11.32.13.97.110.111.116.104.101.1 14.11
..32.13.112.101.114.108.11.32.13.104.97.99.107.101 .114.10.7'

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sebastien) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> HI,
> I am a newbie, and just wonder.
> If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
> address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?
> I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Your question has nothing to do with Perl.

You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

Sinan.

Sherm Pendley

Sebastien wrote:

> If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
> address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

No. And not with Perl either. (What is this PERL you're talking about,
anyway?)

> I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Actually, it is.

sherm--

Brian McCauley

A. Sinan Unur wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Sebastien) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>
>>If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
>>address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

> Your question has nothing to do with Perl.
>
> You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

While I know it's totally OT but for completeness I shall mention that
the HTTP protocol _does_ allow you to put your e-mail address in the
From: header of your HTTP requests. However the only web clients I've
ever heard of that do this are robots where this address is used to
inform the to the robot's owner if it's gone out of control.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/....html#sec14.22

A. Sinan Unur

Brian McCauley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ctdroq$9ss$1
@sun3.bham.ac.uk:

> A. Sinan Unur wrote:

>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

> While I know it's totally OT but for completeness I shall mention that
> the HTTP protocol _does_ allow you to put your e-mail address in the
> From: header of your HTTP requests.

BTW, the CGI FAQ mentions that in

3.2 Can I get the email of visitors?
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/section-40.html

I decided to link to the top level so that the OP could be motivated to
actually looking at all the information listed there.

Sinan.