Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to change icons for item in bookmark toolbar folder>

How to change icons for item in bookmark toolbar folder>

Galaxy

I remember stumbling across this the other day (I think). But I can't
find anything this evening. How can we give the links in our personal
toolbar folder different icons. I disabled the favicons from showing
up in this toolbar, but don't know how to associate specific icons to
each item in there.

Thanks.

Galaxy

I thought I found something the other day, but I've been googling for
the instructions since yesterday. No luck. I'm pretty sure it was a
way to assign icons to the shortcuts in the personal toolbar folder.

Has anyone seen anything? Can they provide the URL for that?

Thanks.

Galaxy

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:31:01 +0200, "Alvaro G. Vicario"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>*** Galaxy escribió/wrote (Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:54:56 GMT):
>> I thought I found something the other day, but I've lost the
>> reference. I've been googling since yesterday trying to find out how
>> to do this, but I've had no luck. I'm pretty sure it was a way to
>> assign icons to the shortcuts in the personal toolbar folder ...

>The Tabbrowser Extensions add this feature (and some more) to bookmarks:
>
>http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/tbe
>
>I don't know if there's a better way and I haven't tested it myself.

Tabbrowser adds ability to supposedly change the icon in the items in
what I've assigned as my Personal Toolbar Folder, but it's not
working. I right-click on any of the "shortcuts" on the toolbar
folder and click properties. Once the "Properites for ..." dialogue
box comes up, I click on the "Tab Settings" button between OK and
Cancel along the bottom. On the box that comes up, I click on the
"Referrer and Favicon" tab and then in the "Icon:" path box, put in
the pathname to the specific icon needed. I click OK and OK again to
get back to FF's main interface and then close down FF.

Nothing.

I even rebooted just in case.

No change.

The icon path is still there when I go and look but the icon hasn't
changed. I changed from the IE theme back to the default theme and
checked again. Path still there to icon but the generic icon for the
theme for these buttons is still all that one sees.

btw, I figured out I would have to remove the "disable bookmarks" code
from the user.js file that I put in after reading how to do that. The
lines I removed were these:

// Disable Bookmark Icons
user_pref("browser.chrome.site_icons", false);
user_pref("browser.chrome.favicons", false);

I've even tried this since I unisntalled v0.9 and installed v0.9.1.
Still doesn't work. Hoping someone had run into this and knew how to
fix. Thanks.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>*** Galaxy escribió/wrote (Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:54:56 GMT):
>> I thought I found something the other day, but I've lost the
>> reference. I've been googling since yesterday trying to find out how
>> to do this, but I've had no luck. I'm pretty sure it was a way to
>> assign icons to the shortcuts in the personal toolbar folder ...

>The Tabbrowser Extensions add this feature (and some more) to bookmarks:
>
>http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/tbe
>
>I don't know if there's a better way and I haven't tested it myself.

Tabbrowser adds ability to supposedly change the icon in the items in
what I've assigned as my Personal Toolbar Folder, but it's not
working. I right-click on any of the "shortcuts" on the toolbar
folder and click properties. Once the "Properites for ..." dialogue
box comes up, I click on the "Tab Settings" button between OK and
Cancel along the bottom. On the box that comes up, I click on the
"Referrer and Favicon" tab and then in the "Icon:" path box, put in
the pathname to the specific icon needed. I click OK and OK again to
get back to FF's main interface and then close down FF.

Nothing works.

The icon path is still there when I go and look but the icon hasn't
changed. I changed from the IE theme back to the default theme and
checked again. Path still there to icon but the generic icon for the
theme for these buttons is still all that one sees.

btw, I figured out I would have to remove the "disable bookmarks" code
from the user.js file that I put in after reading how to do that. The
lines I removed were these:

// Disable Bookmark Icons
user_pref("browser.chrome.site_icons", false);
user_pref("browser.chrome.favicons", false);

I've tried this extension on v0.9, v0.9.1 and v0.9.2, my current one,
it doesn't do a thing.

I don't care if I have to hard-code something in somewhere, like we do
for the taskbar icon.

Galaxy

>>The Tabbrowser Extensions add this feature (and some more) to bookmarks:
>>
>>http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/tbe
>>
>>I don't know if there's a better way and I haven't tested it myself.

>Tabbrowser adds ability to supposedly change the icon in the items in
>what I've assigned as my Personal Toolbar Folder, but it's not
>working. I right-click on any of the "shortcuts" on the toolbar
>folder and click properties. Once the "Properites for ..." dialogue
>box comes up, I click on the "Tab Settings" button between OK and
>Cancel along the bottom. On the box that comes up, I click on the
>"Referrer and Favicon" tab and then in the "Icon:" path box, put in
>the pathname to the specific icon needed. I click OK and OK again to
>get back to FF's main interface and then close down FF.
>
>Nothing works.

Where can I find the answer please. This is something that needs
resolving. I kept thinking that maybe I worded subject line
incorrectly, but maybe this time someone will respond.

.BRIAN.

On 7/10/2004 11:45 AM, Galaxy wrote:

[snip]

> Where can I find the answer please. This is something that needs
> resolving. I kept thinking that maybe I worded subject line
> incorrectly, but maybe this time someone will respond.

Have you tried asking your question at:
[http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4]?

You might find something using the forum's search feature, or someone
who may have an answer to your question.

--
Brian