Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > kick external script without waiting for it to end

kick external script without waiting for it to end

Steffen Knobloch

Hi,
I am about to kick an external perl-script or a shell-command.
But I don't want to wait for it to end.
The main perl-script doesn't continue unless the called script has been
finished or exited.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Steffen Knobloch

Sherm Pendley

Steffen Knobloch wrote:

> I am about to kick an external perl-script or a shell-command.
> But I don't want to wait for it to end.

That's a Frequently Asked Question. For the answer, have a look at:

perldoc -q background

sherm--