Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > WINSHARED, my Perl script

WINSHARED, my Perl script

Larry

WINSHARED shares your files in your "shared" folder on windows:

http://www.redangel.it/click_file.asp?m=1344&l=7

Give it a shot and check the code out!

thanks!

Larry

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Larry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> WINSHARED shares your files in your "shared" folder on windows:
>
> http://www.redangel.it/click_file.asp?m=1344&l=7
>
> Give it a shot and check the code out!
>
> thanks!

you can always see the code here:
http://www.theartofweb.netfirms.com/....cgi?DO=showto
pic&FORUM_ID=3&TOPIC_ID=39

Larry

Hi everybody!

You can download WIN SHARED 0.4.4 here:
http://www.redangel.it/click_file.asp?m=1344&l=7

Q: What use is WIN SHARED?
A: First of all, it's a Perl script!

It merely allows you to share your binary and text files in its "shared"
folder and access them by typing your IP address in the browser.
No installation required, just double click the WIN SHARED.exe, it will
be listening on your windows PC waiting for someone to connect.

You just need to edit the config.txt file first.

Features:
You can access WIN SHARED by typing -->
http://your_ip_addressort/file.suffix
You can require people to log-in before access your "shared" folder.
You can get WIN SHARED to save a log file.
You can get WIN SHARED to show what it is going on in your "shared"
folder, live!
You can't share a folder within the "shared" folder.
You can't share any alias files within the "shared" folder.

That's all about it!

One more thing, Can you think of the way to share a 2Gb file anyway?
Just give WIN SHARED a shot!

Thanks all the same,

Regards