Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Cannot use the profile "default" because it is in use, not.

Cannot use the profile "default" because it is in use, not.

please.post@yur.re.ply

I get this error upon trying to launch either
Thunderbird-0.7.1 or Firefox-0.9.1 even though
no application is running.

There exist the "default" profiles for each and
the profile selector dialog shows them but selecting
them blocks launching. How can I MAKE them usable?

I can create a new one with a default name of
"Default User" but I want to use the existing
"default" profile with all that's already in it.

GlassCutter

> I get this error upon trying to launch either
> Thunderbird-0.7.1 or Firefox-0.9.1 even though
> no application is running.
>
> There exist the "default" profiles for each and
> the profile selector dialog shows them but selecting
> them blocks launching. How can I MAKE them usable?
>
> I can create a new one with a default name of
> "Default User" but I want to use the existing
> "default" profile with all that's already in it.

What worked for me was emptying (not deleting) the
operational (not profiles) folder of the previous install
before installing the upgrade into it.