Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to load a picture to an oracle database with theLoad a pictureto Oracle with DBI perl module

how to load a picture to an oracle database with theLoad a pictureto Oracle with DBI perl module

Vincent Le-Texier

hi,

Does anyone know how to load a picture (any format) to an oracle
database with the DBI perl module ?

A small example will be very usefull.

Cheers,

--
Le Texier Vincent
Software Engineer/Database Applications

Paul Lalli

"Vincent Le-Texier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone know how to load a picture (any format) to an oracle
> database with the DBI perl module ?
>
> A small example will be very usefull.

Did you try reading the docs for the module you're using? (I presume
you're using DBD::Oracle, right?)

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBD-Ora...#Handling_LOBs
contains an example of reading a file and writing its contents into an
Oracle database.

Paul Lalli