Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > anyone tried http-proxy on windows?

anyone tried http-proxy on windows?

harris

Hello,
Anyone tried to install and run http-proxy module on windows 2000 or
win-xp?

I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
working on windows?
Harris M.

harris

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (harris) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hello,
> Anyone tried to install and run http-proxy module on windows 2000 or
> win-xp?
>
> I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
> working on windows?
> Harris M.

if any one interested, i found the problem. It is a call "fork" used
in the implementation of this module. On windows "fork" is implemented
with warning message "experimental". this module fails (hangs up) on
"fork" call.

Ben Morrow

Quoth (E-Mail Removed) (harris):
> (E-Mail Removed) (harris) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Hello,
> > Anyone tried to install and run http-proxy module on windows 2000 or
> > win-xp?
> >
> > I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
> > working on windows?
> > Harris M.

> if any one interested, i found the problem. It is a call "fork" used
> in the implementation of this module. On windows "fork" is implemented
> with warning message "experimental". this module fails (hangs up) on
> "fork" call.

Upgrade your perl, and if necessary your windows. I have had success
with fork emulation with 5.8 and WinXP.

Ben

--
Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,