Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > More EXIF woes -- can Image::ExifTool return IPTC keywords as anarray?

More EXIF woes -- can Image::ExifTool return IPTC keywords as anarray?

David Dyer-Bennet

Since Image::EXIF appears to be incompatible with mod_perl, I'm now
trying Image::ExifTool, which seems to work okay -- except I can't
figure out how to get it to return an array for the IPTC keywords
tag. It takes all the values and strings them together with commas,
which makes a real hash of it since most of my keywords are people's
names in "last, first" format. Anybody worked with ExifTool and have
any idea how to do this?

Martin Herrmann

David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-b.net>...
> Since Image::EXIF appears to be incompatible with mod_perl, I'm now
> trying Image::ExifTool, which seems to work okay -- except I can't
> figure out how to get it to return an array for the IPTC keywords
> tag. It takes all the values and strings them together with commas,
> which makes a real hash of it since most of my keywords are people's
> names in "last, first" format. Anybody worked with ExifTool and have
> any idea how to do this?

Again, the module Image::MetaData::JPEG does the job pretty fine. You
can use it to read and write JPEG comments, EXIF data and IPTC
informations.

Regards
Martin