Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Activestate Perl 5.6 ppm

Activestate Perl 5.6 ppm

Jerry Preston

I am trying to add the ppm DBI for ActiveState Perl v5.6.1 for
sun-polaris-thread-multi server. I need to be able to access ORACLE data
base, but I can only find DBI for 5.8. When I do ppm install DBI it get the
following:

..... it is not for this build of Perl.

I have looked all over the ActiveState web site and I can not find it. I
know it is right in front of me, but I cannot find it.

Where to look?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Preston

OK! I have tried to "ppm search dbi" and I cannot get the firewall. Where
can I find it to ftp/copy?

Jerry

"Jerry Preston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmpkqb$lck$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to add the ppm DBI for ActiveState Perl v5.6.1 for
> sun-polaris-thread-multi server. I need to be able to access ORACLE data
> base, but I can only find DBI for 5.8. When I do ppm install DBI it get

the
> following:
>
> .... it is not for this build of Perl.
>
> I have looked all over the ActiveState web site and I can not find it. I
> know it is right in front of me, but I cannot find it.
>
> Where to look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Sisyphus

Jerry Preston wrote:
> OK! I have tried to "ppm search dbi" and I cannot get the firewall. Where
> can I find it to ftp/copy?

If you open your perl/html/index.html file in a browser, click on the
link to the 'PerlPackageManager', then click on the link to 'PPM,
Proxies and Firewalls' you'll find out how to get around the 'firewall'
issue.

Otherwise, the files can be downloaded from somewhere on the AS website
- but I no longer have a link.

Cheers,
Rob

Jerry Preston

Rob,

I have tried the proxy trick and it still does not work.

Thanks,

Jerry

news:419091c9$0$6555$(E-Mail Removed)...