Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > List all Printer-Driver on a Mashine

List all Printer-Driver on a Mashine

Tad McClellan

Ronny Kluge <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a Mashine.

It is the job of the Operating System to manage device drivers.

> Do you know how to do this with Perl?

If you know how your *OS* can do this, then it is very likely
that you can launch that OS function from Perl.

Ask in an OS-specific newsgroup how to list the drivers, then come
back here if you can't get it to run from Perl.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Ronny Kluge

Hallo together,

i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a Mashine.

Do you know how to do this with Perl?

Thanxs, Greets, Ronny.

Laura

Ronny Kluge wrote:

> Hallo together,
>
> i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a
> Mashine.
>
> Do you know how to do this with Perl?
>
> Thanxs, Greets, Ronny.

I do it like this:

@drivers = MashineDrivers('printers');
print for @drivers;

I have written the implementation for this function in the margins of my
'Perl Cookbook' which I have unfortunately misplaced.

Matt Garrish

"Laura" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ronny Kluge wrote:
>
>> i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a
>> Mashine.
>>
>> Do you know how to do this with Perl?

> I do it like this:
>
> @drivers = MashineDrivers('printers');
> print for @drivers;
>
> I have written the implementation for this function in the margins of my
> 'Perl Cookbook' which I have unfortunately misplaced.

Much like your brain, I expect...

Matt