Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Any good Net::Jabber examples?

Any good Net::Jabber examples?

Neil Cherry

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with Net::Jabber. I've seen some
examples and I have used them but now I wish to turn on debugging and
can't quite find a good example. Any pointers?

The reason I need the debugging is that a script that was working is
suddenly getting:

Error: Jabber Authorization failed: 406

I suspect that I'm not doing something as opposed to doing something
wrong.

Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

Neil Cherry

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:57:08 -0500, Neil Cherry wrote:
> I'm having quite a bit of trouble with Net::Jabber. I've seen some
> examples and I have used them but now I wish to turn on debugging and
> can't quite find a good example. Any pointers?
>
> The reason I need the debugging is that a script that was working is
> suddenly getting:
>
> Error: Jabber Authorization failed: 406
>
> I suspect that I'm not doing something as opposed to doing something
> wrong.
>
> Thanks

I found what I was looking for:

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~kmerr001/sJab/

this seems like a pretty good example of Jabber client code.

I also discovered why I was having trouble (the above 406). Turns out
that the example given for the initial code I used put the user name
and jabber domain as 1 parameter when it should have been just the
username (username instead of (E-Mail Removed)).

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry (E-Mail Removed)