Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Toronto Perl Mongers - Audio Recordings

Toronto Perl Mongers - Audio Recordings

Fulko Hew

As an experiment I've recorded all of the presentations at the latest
Toronto Perl Mongers "Lightning Talk" session. But so far, I've only
made them available to members of the Toronto group.

It was my thought that by making these recordings available, others who
don't currently come out to meetings would find out how wonderfully
useful our meetings can be and encourage them to come out and participate.

I also thought it might encourage other Perl Monger groups to record
their meetings and make them available for the same reasons.

I haven't made our recordings available to the world yet, because I'm
afraid of the Slash dot effect and the bandwidth cost to the person
who's hosting the files.

Is there someplace out there that would be willing to host the files and
provide the bandwidth? Not just for us, but perhaps for everyone if it
catches on!

Comments anyone?

Fulko

burlo_stumproot@yahoo.se

Fulko Hew <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> As an experiment I've recorded all of the presentations at the latest
> Toronto Perl Mongers "Lightning Talk" session. But so far, I've only
> made them available to members of the Toronto group.
>
> It was my thought that by making these recordings available, others who
> don't currently come out to meetings would find out how wonderfully
> useful our meetings can be and encourage them to come out and participate.
>
> I also thought it might encourage other Perl Monger groups to record
> their meetings and make them available for the same reasons.
>
> I haven't made our recordings available to the world yet, because I'm
> afraid of the Slash dot effect and the bandwidth cost to the person
> who's hosting the files.
>
> Is there someplace out there that would be willing to host the files and
> provide the bandwidth? Not just for us, but perhaps for everyone if it
> catches on!
>

> Comments anyone?
>
> Fulko

Have you considered distributing it with bittorrent?

/me