Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl XML Parser DOM Tag Handler sample code ....

Perl XML Parser DOM Tag Handler sample code ....

Sherbo

Hello All,

I'm trying to use the latest Xerces XML Perl module for XML file
parsing, but the documentation is rather limited. Does anyone
recommend a Perl XML parser with well-documented DOM tag handlers?

I want to create a handler for three different XML tags: <a>, <b>, and
<c>. Can someone please provide me some sample code to demonstrate how
to :

1.) Write a Perl DOM XML tag handler (in Xerces or other
well-supported Perl XML mod)?
2.) Use multiple tag handlers while reading in an XML file?

Any information would be helpful.

cheers,
Sherban

Ben Morrow

Quoth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sherbo):

> I'm trying to use the latest Xerces XML Perl module for XML file
> parsing, but the documentation is rather limited. Does anyone
> recommend a Perl XML parser with well-documented DOM tag handlers?

A well-documented XML DOM parser I have had success with in the past is
XML::LibXML.

> I want to create a handler for three different XML tags: <a>, <b>, and
> <c>. Can someone please provide me some sample code to demonstrate how
> to :

What do you mean by a 'handler'? Do you want the parser to call back
each time it hits a tag? If so, then you want a SAX parser rather than a
DOM one.

> 1.) Write a Perl DOM XML tag handler (in Xerces or other
> well-supported Perl XML mod)?
> 2.) Use multiple tag handlers while reading in an XML file?

No. Try something for yourself, show us what you've tried, and we'll
help you fix it.

Ben

- Pericles of Athens, c.430 B.C.
(E-Mail Removed)