Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > GD::Graph - get_feature_coordinates problem

GD::Graph - get_feature_coordinates problem

Yoann Wyffels

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "get_feature_coordinates" function in GD::Graph which
is intended to return an array of value.

Documentation says:
"
$graph->get_feature_coordinates($feature_name)
Experimental: Return a coordinate specification for a certain feature in the
chart. Currently, features that are defined are axes, the coordinates of the
rectangle within the axes; x_label, y1_label and y2_label, the labels
printed along the axes, with y_label provided as an alias for y1_label; and
title which is the title text box
"

So I write this after having graph my chart:
splice @test;
my @test=$graph->get_feature_coordinates("axes");
print "@test";

And the print command return me this: ARRAY(0x1c9d070)

How to have the real value and not a memory adress or an array pointer...?

Thx a lot,
Regards,
Yoann.

Anno Siegel

Yoann Wyffels <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the "get_feature_coordinates" function in GD::Graph which
> is intended to return an array of value.
>
> Documentation says:
> "
> $graph->get_feature_coordinates($feature_name)
> Experimental: Return a coordinate specification for a certain feature in the
> chart. Currently, features that are defined are axes, the coordinates of the
> rectangle within the axes; x_label, y1_label and y2_label, the labels
> printed along the axes, with y_label provided as an alias for y1_label; and
> title which is the title text box
> "
>
> So I write this after having graph my chart:
> splice @test;
> my @test=$graph->get_feature_coordinates("axes");
> print "@test";
>
> And the print command return me this: ARRAY(0x1c9d070)
>
> How to have the real value and not a memory adress or an array pointer...?

my @test = @{ $graph->get_feature_coordinates("axes")}; # untested

Anno

Yoann Wyffels

> my @test = @{ $graph->get_feature_coordinates("axes")}; # untested

It's working ! Really good idea to do directly a @
Thx
Regards,
Yoann.

Anno Siegel

Yoann Wyffels <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> > my @test = @{ $graph->get_feature_coordinates("axes")}; # untested

> It's working ! Really good idea to do directly a @

It's called de-referencing. You should probably take a look at perldsc.

Anno