Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Can't compile (perlcc) both Net::FTP and Config::IniFiles at thesame time

Can't compile (perlcc) both Net::FTP and Config::IniFiles at thesame time

Thomas Watson Steen

I am using Cygwin on a Windows XP box. I'm running perlcc from the
Cygwin shell. I am using perl v5.8.5 built for
cygwin-thread-multi-64int. The command I am executing to compile is
"perlcc -o tst.exe tst.pl".

When trying to compile a perl file only containing the following two use
statements the compiler (perlcc) just runs for what seems forever
(filling up huge amounts of memory):

use Net::FTP;
use Config::IniFiles;

When compiling a file the only contains one of the above use statements
the compile completes sucessfully.

Any ideas on how to get arround this?

/watson

Tintin

"Thomas Watson Steen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:415ebc29$0$109$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I am using Cygwin on a Windows XP box. I'm running perlcc from the Cygwin
>shell. I am using perl v5.8.5 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int. The
>command I am executing to compile is "perlcc -o tst.exe tst.pl".
>
> When trying to compile a perl file only containing the following two use
> statements the compiler (perlcc) just runs for what seems forever (filling
> up huge amounts of memory):
>
> use Net::FTP;
> use Config::IniFiles;
>
> When compiling a file the only contains one of the above use statements
> the compile completes sucessfully.
>
> Any ideas on how to get arround this?

Notice the documentation for perlcc says:

The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole
codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very
experimen-
tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged.

Sisyphus

Thomas Watson Steen wrote:

> Any ideas on how to get arround this?

Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.

Cheers,
Rob

Thomas Watson Steen

Sisyphus wrote:
> Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
>

>> Any ideas on how to get arround this?
>>

> Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Thank you. I'll try pp instead. For the moment I have some problems
doing a make test on pp though, but I hope I can around that one with
some further reseach

Thnx again

/watson

Sisyphus

Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
> Sisyphus wrote:
>
>> Thomas Watson Steen wrote:
>>

>>> Any ideas on how to get arround this?
>>>

>> Yes - use the PAR module's pp utility instead of perlcc.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob
>>

> Thank you. I'll try pp instead. For the moment I have some problems
> doing a make test on pp though, but I hope I can around that one with
> some further reseach
>
> Thnx again
>
> /watson

There's a PAR mailing list - which is an excellent source of help (if
you need it). See http://lists.perl.org for details.

Cheers,
Rob