Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > q about MIME:Lite and using Bcc

q about MIME:Lite and using Bcc

dan baker

I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $

does anyone have an example, or can you verify that bcc does indeed
work with this version on this platform?

this should work: ???
$msg = MIME::Lite->new(
From => $Sender ,
To => $Recipient ,
Bcc =>
'(E-Mail Removed),(E-Mail Removed)' ,
Subject => $Subject ,
Type => $Type ,
Data => $Body
);

thanks

David K. Wall

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (dan baker) wrote:

> I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
> generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
> ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
> 2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $
>
> does anyone have an example,

There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.

> or can you verify that bcc does indeed
> work with this version on this platform?

Sorry, I don't have win98 available.

> this should work: ???
> $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
> From => $Sender ,
> To => $Recipient ,
> Bcc =>
> '(E-Mail Removed),(E-Mail Removed)' ,
> Subject => $Subject ,
> Type => $Type ,
> Data => $Body
> );

That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
maybe we could help.

dan baker

"David K. Wall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns9558AB258378dkwwashere@216.168.3.30>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (dan baker) wrote:
>
> > I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
> > generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
> > ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
> > 2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $
> >
> > does anyone have an example,

> There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.
> --------

I realize that, and the examples indicate this should work... which is
why I am asking for confirmation specifically from anyone who has
tested it or has a working example using this version of Lite from
ActiveState on win98.

> > or can you verify that bcc does indeed
> > work with this version on this platform?

> Sorry, I don't have win98 available.

--------
I have a feeling it may be a version/platform-specific bug.... and am
looking for confirmation. I wont help me to know it works on *NIX

> > this should work: ???
> > $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
> > From => $Sender ,
> > To => $Recipient ,
> > Bcc => '(E-Mail Removed),(E-Mail Removed)' ,
> > Subject => $Subject ,
> > Type => $Type ,
> > Data => $Body
> > );

> That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
> Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
> problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
> maybe we could help.

------------
the only othe rline of source that matters is the send() line which
is:
$msg->send('smtp', $cSMTPserver);

what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no nothing....

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

dan baker wrote:
> what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
> recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no
> nothing....

Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
to Bcc recipients.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

dan baker

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> dan baker wrote:
> > what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
> > recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no
> > nothing....

> Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
> Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
> to Bcc recipients.

I dont think so.... they allow up to 100 cc or bcc recipients per mail
composed other ways (like netscape, ms, mozilla, etc.)