Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird character coding

Thunderbird character coding

Peter Stewart

I need to send emails in French, but whenever I try this I get a message
saying

"The message you composed contains characters not found in the selected
Character Coding so your message may become unreadable after you send or
save it".

I have now tried every European and international character set
available on the menu, and yet changing this makes no difference and I
get the same message every time.

Can someone tell me how to add (or choose) the right option to enable
the accented characters used in French?