Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > HTML::Parser

HTML::Parser

wfsp

"Bart Lateur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>
> >Are there any tutorials or explanations of HTML:arser?
> >
> >I've read the perldoc and I don't understand it. It's gibberish to me.

> The best intro on the subject, IMO, is gellyfish's old tutorial.
>
> <http://www.gellyfish.com/htexamples/>
>
> Now, if after going through this, you decide that callback-oriented
> programming isn't your cup of tea, you might also want to take a look at
> the alternative approach, token stream oriented: using HTML::TokeParser,
> or a bit more high-level: HTML::TokeParser::Simple. There, you read
> tokens (a tag, a piece of plain text) from a HML source one at a time,
> like lines from a file.
>
> --
> Bart.

HTML::TokeParser doc has an example:
"This example extracts all links from a document. It will print one line for
each link, containing the URL and the textual description between the
<A>...</A> tags:

use HTML::TokeParser;
$p = HTML::TokeParser->new(shift||"index.html"); while (my $token =
$p->get_tag("a")) {
my $url = $token->[1]{href} || "-";
my $text = $p->get_trimmed_text("/a");
print "$url\t$text\n";