Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > RegExp Pattern Question

RegExp Pattern Question

GrindKore

Hello, I can't get my mind around RegExp pattern that can match file name in
binary post subject field.

For example some yEnc encoded binary post include filename in the ""
3dttv8 par2 - "3dttv8.vol025+22.PAR2" yEnc (20/24)
and some do not
As Req: EasyBoot Systems SoftDisc 2.51.rar (04/12)

How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
subject?

Your comments are appreciated.

Joe Smith

GrindKore wrote:

> How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
> subject?

I don't know about NewsBin, but other newsreader programs use the Subject
line only for the purpose of putting the article in the right order.
The actual file name can be found in the first few lines in the body
of the first post.
-Joe

GrindKore

"Joe Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> GrindKore wrote:
>
> > How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
> > subject?

> I don't know about NewsBin, but other newsreader programs use the Subject
> line only for the purpose of putting the article in the right order.
> The actual file name can be found in the first few lines in the body
> of the first post.
> -Joe

Yeah I got the ordering part working pretty good, I hoped I could "guess"
the filename from the subject
because that way I only have to scan xover data for a given group, thus
saving a lot of bandwidth.