Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to install Sybase::DBlib???

how to install Sybase::DBlib???

yubo he

hey, I am using activate perl in windows, I used ppm to install
Sybase:Blib
error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

thx

Brian McCauley

yubo he wrote:

> hey, I am using activate perl in windows,

I think you mean ActiveState.

> I used ppm to install Sybase:Blib

I think you mean "I failed to..."

> error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

In PPM unlike CPAN you need to specify the distribution name not the
module name in the install command.

Often the distribution name is the same as the module name with '::'
replaced by '-' so if you type something that looks like a module name
then PPM will try that but this is only a heuristic that works occasionally.

Looking on http://search.cpan.org/ I found that the distribution that
contains Sybase:Blib is sybperl.

I don't know if its on the ActiveState's PD repository.

Michael Peppler

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:59:01 -0400, yubo he wrote:

> hey, I am using activate perl in windows, I used ppm to install
> Sybase:Blib
> error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

There is an ActiveState binary for sybperl at
http://www.peppler.org/downloads/ActiveState

Note that I don't use Windows myself, so I have no personal knowledge on
how to install this, or how well it works.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://www.peppler.org/