Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CPANPLUS::Backend and Inline::Java

CPANPLUS::Backend and Inline::Java

Zebee Johnstone

I am trying to script a set of module installations via
CPANPLUS::Backend.

So far I've git it all working bar one - Inline::Java.

This module requires you to
perl Makefile.PL J2SDK=/path/to/your/j2sdk/installation
make java
make
make install

I can get it to add the J2SDK flag via makemakerflags, but can't
get it to make java before doing make.

I have tried:
my $rv = $cb->install( modules =>['Inline::Java'],skiptest=>"1",makemakerflags=>'J2SDK=/usr/local/jdk',prereq_target=>'java');

It fails because "make java" hasn't been done, it goes straight
to make and can't continue because things "make java" should have
done are not done. (error: make: *** No rule to make target
`Java/InlineJavaServer.jar', needed by `pm_to_blib'. Stop.)

I have tried it via 3 steps, fetch, extract, then make. but the make
step:
my $rv = $cb->make( dirs=>['/root/.cpanplus/5.6.0/build/Inline-Java-0.49'],makemakerflags=>'J2SDK=/usr/local/jdk',prereq_target=>"java'");

fails in the same way, "make java" is not being done.

If I try target java, instead of prereq_target, with the idea of doing
two make steps, it complains that "Key 'target' is of invalid type for
CPANPLUS::Internals::Make::_make" I presume because it is not one of
make/install/test/makefile.

Is there a way to script the installation of this module?

Zebee
--
Zebee Johnstone ((E-Mail Removed)), proud holder of
aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.