Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problems with proxy ..

Problems with proxy ..

Idan Jan

Hi all,
Hope you could help me with this problem.
I have the following code (please forgive the ugliness) :

== code start ==
$url = 'http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=cnn.com';

$ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->proxy(http => $proxyserver);
$req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => $url);
$file = $ua->request($req)->as_string;

print "$file\n";
== code end ==

I get the following output:
=== output start ===
HTTP/1.0 202 Accepted
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:20:54 GMT
Server:
=== output end ===

As you can see, I don't get the actual http data from the site, only
the above output. With other $urls this code works perfectly, but with
this alexa url, I only get the above output.

As far as I know, the HTTP 202 code isn't an Error code, so I really
can't tell what's the problem... ?

Would appriciate any help !

Idan

Idan Jan