Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ActiveState PPM/PPM3 just hang up for me

ActiveState PPM/PPM3 just hang up for me

Graham

I am running Perl 5.8.0 on Windows ME. If I run PPM or PPM3, I can
query my installed modules, but if I try to access the repositories on
the Internet (eg, typing "search *", it just hangs up. Anybody else
had this problem? Anybody know the answer?

Graham
--
Graham Steel: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Web: http://www.steelworks.org.uk

Graham

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:37:16 -0600, Scott Bryce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Graham wrote:
>
>> I am running Perl 5.8.0 on Windows ME. If I run PPM or PPM3, I can
>> query my installed modules, but if I try to access the repositories on
>> the Internet (eg, typing "search *", it just hangs up. Anybody else
>> had this problem? Anybody know the answer?

>I had a similar problem when I installed Perl 5.8 on top of Perl 5.6.
>The solution was to uninstall Perl, then reinstall Perl 5.8.

Thanks Scott, but I am afraid it is not the answer for me: I have only
ever had 5.8 on my PC.
--
Graham Steel: (E-Mail Removed)
Web: http://www.steelworks.org.uk

2501/2502 just hang nick.lozinsky@gmail.com Cisco 3 04-03-2005 10:56 PM
Browsing to certain URL just hang IE - page not found Peter Cooling Cisco 1 11-27-2003 12:03 AM
Problem using ActiveState PPM to install module Irwin Friedman Perl 1 09-06-2003 10:57 PM
cygwin or activestate ? Graham Perl 1 08-06-2003 05:00 AM
how to get https pages with ActiveState build 806 Martin 'Kingpin' Thurn Perl 2 07-28-2003 01:00 AM

Advertisments