Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > PPD or repository for installing Crypt::Blowfish on Win32 (AS Perl)?

PPD or repository for installing Crypt::Blowfish on Win32 (AS Perl)?

ChrisO

Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide quite
a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I would
presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.

Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
modules would put you into the bonus round.

-ceo

Robert

"ChrisO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
> Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
> and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
> intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide quite
> a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I would
> presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).
>
> Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
>
> Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
> modules would put you into the bonus round.
>
> -ceo

rep add TheoryX
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin...n:/PPMServer58

Do a search for Crypt and you find much more than just Blowfish.

ChrisO

Robert wrote:

> "ChrisO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
>>Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
>>and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
>>intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide quite
>>a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I would
>>presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).
>>
>>Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
>>
>>Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
>>modules would put you into the bonus round.
>>
>>-ceo

> rep add TheoryX
> http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin...n:/PPMServer58
>
> Do a search for Crypt and you find much more than just Blowfish.

Sha-weet...! Thanks. Knew one had to be out there somewhere.

-ceo

A. Sinan Unur

ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
> Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
> and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
> intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide
> quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I
> would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...

> Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
>
> Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
> Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

you have heard of Google, right?

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Dow...PPM/Repository

--
A. Sinan Unur

ChrisO

A. Sinan Unur wrote:

> ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) m:
>

>>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
>>Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
>>and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
>>intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide
>>quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I
>>would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

> I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...

THIS is what I'm talking about:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Dow...PPM/Repository

>>Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
>>
>>Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
>>Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

> you have heard of Google, right?

No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to help
finish a piece of it off before the IPO...

Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.

NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
this interchange?

-ceo

A. Sinan Unur

ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:VCVSc.1650$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>
>> ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>

>>>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish
>>>on Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in
>>>Canada and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking
>>>government intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't
>>>provide quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to
>>>because, I would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

>> I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...
>>

> THIS is what I'm talking about:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Dow...PPM/Repository

Which came up as the first match after me entering

perl crypt::blowfish windows ppd

in the search field. I still have no idea what your attitude is about.

>>> Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
>>>
>>> Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
>>> Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

>> you have heard of Google, right?
>>

> No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to
> help finish a piece of it off before the IPO...

Huh?

> NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
> this interchange?

I already regret having provided the information.

--
A. Sinan Unur
(E-Mail Removed)d

Matt Garrish

"ChrisO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VCVSc.1650$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
> Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
> search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.

The uwinnipeg ppm repository is mentioned right at the bottom of the section
you referenced. It often pays not to skim when reading; you could wind up
unable to figure out why split splits the way it does if you go that route.

Matt

ChrisO

A. Sinan Unur wrote:

> ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:VCVSc.1650$(E-Mail Removed) m:
>

>>A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>>

>>>ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:B1USc.2679$(E-Mail Removed) .com:

>>>I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...
>>>

>>THIS is what I'm talking about:
>>
>>http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Dow...PPM/Repository

> Which came up as the first match after me entering
>
> perl crypt::blowfish windows ppd
>
> in the search field. I still have no idea what your attitude is about.

>>>you have heard of Google, right?
>>>

>>No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to
>>help finish a piece of it off before the IPO...

> Huh?
>

>>NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
>>this interchange?

> I already regret having provided the information.

Ah, my last reply was an attempt to be light-hearted that probably
didn't translate too well. My own twisted sense of humor perhaps. Your
original reply was valuable, I thought.

-ceo

ChrisO

Matt Garrish wrote:

> "ChrisO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:VCVSc.1650$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
>>Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
>>search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.
>>

> The uwinnipeg ppm repository is mentioned right at the bottom of the section
> you referenced. It often pays not to skim when reading; you could wind up
> unable to figure out why split splits the way it does if you go that route.

My first reading of that page only stated that Crypt-SSLeay and
Net_SSLeay could be found at the Winnipeg repository; it never mentions
the other Crypt modules (as a recheck seems to verify -- am I missing
something?), though in hind-sight, it would have been reasonable for me
for me to at least make an attempt see if they were there anyway. It is
a bit misleading for them to highlight only the SSLeay modules and not
mention that ALL of the Crypt module PPDs are there.

Anyway, several here got me pointed in the right direction, my failed
attempt at humor with some not withstanding. And a point can still be
taken from your reply.

Thanks!
-ceo

A. Sinan Unur

ChrisO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:RUWSc.1417$lf7.1111
@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com:

> Ah, my last reply was an attempt to be light-hearted that probably
> didn't translate too well. My own twisted sense of humor perhaps. Your
> original reply was valuable, I thought.

OK. Sometimes it is hard to 'get' the humor through pixels on the screen.
Sorry about that.

--
A. Sinan Unur
(E-Mail Removed)d