Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > not recognizing a new module

not recognizing a new module

Bharat Sinha

Hi,
When compiling, I got the following error:
Can't locate loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (@INC
contains: Crogram Files/Perl/lib /C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib...)

I found that the 'Crogram Files/Perl/lib/term' folder was missing the
readkey module, so I got it from cpan and out it in the 'term' folder. But I
still get the same error.

Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
additions.
Thanks

Paul Lalli

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Bharat Sinha wrote:

> Hi,
> When compiling, I got the following error:
> Can't locate loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (@INC
> contains: Crogram Files/Perl/lib /C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib...)
>
> I found that the 'Crogram Files/Perl/lib/term' folder was missing the
> readkey module, so I got it from cpan and out it in the 'term' folder. But I
> still get the same error.
>
> Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
> additions.
> Thanks

When you say you "got it from cpan", do you mean you just copied the .pm
file and put it in that directory? You can't do that. Term::Readkey is
not a pure perl module. It has an executable portion. You need to follow
the standard installation instructions: Grab the entire distribution from
CPAN, unzip and untar it, run perl Makefile.pl, run make, run make test,
run make install.

Now, if you use the CPAN module, this is a lot easier:

perl -MCPAN -e'install Term::Readkey'

Paul Lalli