Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Want Microsoft Windows screen scraping code

Want Microsoft Windows screen scraping code

Kevin Cline

I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

Bob Walton

Kevin Cline wrote:

> I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
> module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

CPAN is your friend:

http://perl.com/CPAN/modules/01modules.index.html

Look for stuff with "Win32" and "Screenshot" or similar in it.

--
Bob Walton

Bart Lateur

Kevin Cline wrote:

>I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
>module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

If all else faiuls, look into the Windows API. Win32::API is the
canonical module to interface to it.

Just stay away from the "new interface" for this module. Though it looks
appealing, I've had nothing but trouble with it (crashes).

--
Bart.

Kevin Cline

Bart Lateur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Kevin Cline wrote:
>
> >I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
> >module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

> If all else faiuls, look into the Windows API. Win32::API is the
> canonical module to interface to it.

Thanks, all else did fail. I'll take a look there and see if I can
figure anything out. If I do, then I'll submit it to CPAN.