Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > PERL automatic authentication

PERL automatic authentication

KG

I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)

I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
without the popup stuff

I was going to do print location
http://user(E-Mail Removed)/secretstuff/

But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago. ARGH.

Any clues?

Gregory Toomey

KG wrote:

> I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)
>
> I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
> without the popup stuff
>
> I was going to do print location
> http://user(E-Mail Removed)/secretstuff/

I do that all the time with LWP::Simple.

> But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago. ARGH.

Tell them to give it back.

gtoomey

Tad McClellan

KG <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)
>
> I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
> without the popup stuff

[snip]

> But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago.

Are we supposed to know what MSFT is?

What is MSFT?

> Any clues?

perldoc LWP::UserAgent