Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to tell if window.open created new?

How to tell if window.open created new?

kj

Suppose I have the line

w = window.open("", "foobar");

How can I tell whether this call to window.open created a new window
or simply returned a pointer to an already existing window called
"foobar"?

Thanks!

kj

--
NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.

Jonathan Stowe

kj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Suppose I have the line
>
> w = window.open("", "foobar");

er, that doesn't look like Perl to me.

/J\

kj

In <ZuyHc.74$(E-Mail Removed)-net.net> Jonathan Stowe <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>kj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Suppose I have the line
>>
>> w = window.open("", "foobar");
>>

>er, that doesn't look like Perl to me.