Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > XSLT Transformation

XSLT Transformation

Axel Strube-Zettler

Hi all,

how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

Thanks, Axel

Tom Regner

Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:
> how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
> just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

Jonathan Stowes XML::XSLT seems to fit, from the pod:

use XML::XSLT;

my $xslt = XML::XSLT->new ($xsl, warnings => 1);

$xslt->transform ($xmlfile);
print $xslt->toString;

CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/~jstowe/XML-X...ib/XML/XSLT.pm

kind regards,
Tom
--
Dievision GmbH | Kriegerstrasse 44 | 30161 Hannover
Telefon: (0511) 288791-0 | Telefax: (0511) 288791-99

Vetle Roeim

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:28:07 +0200, Axel Strube-Zettler
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
> just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

XML::XSLT has been suggested. XML::LibXSLT is another module that can
be used. It is a front-end to the Gnome XSLT library.

--
It's not a bug, it's the future.

Jonathan Stowe

Tom Regner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:
>> how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
>> just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

> Jonathan Stowes XML::XSLT seems to fit, from the pod:

Just for the record I am only its guardian and not its parent

> use XML::XSLT;
>
> my $xslt = XML::XSLT->new ($xsl, warnings => 1);
>
> $xslt->transform ($xmlfile);
> print $xslt->toString;

The module is still however very much a work in progress and there are
parts of the XSLT spec that are not completely supported. If you need a
wider range of features you might consider using XML::LibXSLT as
suggested by someone else.

/J\

Axel Strube-Zettler

Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:

Thanks to all, I am happy now. XML::XSLT is not installed on the server
(it's just a Pro Webspace Package of Germany's largest Provider Company,
I myself can't install anything), but I found out that LibXSLT is
installed. It just took me 5 minutes to get it working - not really
difficult

Great! Now the pages are displayed in Opera and older Browsers too!

Thank you for the excellent help! Axel