Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl and modems

Perl and modems

timgerr

I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a direction?

Thanks

Paul Lalli

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, timgerr wrote:

> I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to
> automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this
> can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a
> direction?

How new to Perl are you? If you need to learn the basics, I point you to
http://learn.perl.org

If you are comfortable with the language, I point you to CPAN. This is
the place you go when you wonder "Has anyone already done ____" in Perl?
You start your search of CPAN at http://search.cpan.org.

In this case, a search for "Modem" turned up this likely candidate:
http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Devic...docs/Modem.pod

Paul Lalli

timgerr

Thanks, I will look into this.

--
TIM GALLAGHER
"Paul Lalli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, timgerr wrote:
>
> > I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to
> > automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this
> > can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a
> > direction?

> How new to Perl are you? If you need to learn the basics, I point you to
> http://learn.perl.org
>
> If you are comfortable with the language, I point you to CPAN. This is
> the place you go when you wonder "Has anyone already done ____" in Perl?
> You start your search of CPAN at http://search.cpan.org.
>
> In this case, a search for "Modem" turned up this likely candidate:
> http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Devic...docs/Modem.pod
>
> Paul Lalli

HELP! Anyone Here an Expert With Modems and multi-line Analog Lines in Businesses?? Sens Fan Happy In Ohio Computer Support 4 07-29-2004 12:48 AM
Linksys and One Way Cable Modems David Leis Computer Support 0 02-17-2004 08:25 AM
ISDN PRI and MICA modems Andrzej Cisco 1 12-06-2003 07:24 PM
External modems and W98 Cantona Computer Support 12 09-15-2003 10:36 PM
Re: Anyone and expert on satellite TV wiring and Cable modems Jimchip Computer Support 0 07-19-2003 11:52 PM

Advertisments