Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl IDEs

Perl IDEs

Paul Lalli

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Thomas Kaufmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

This topic has been covered about 4 times in the past 2 months of this
group. Go to groups.google.com, and search the archives of this group for
"IDE" or "editor".

Paul Lalli

Thomas Kaufmann

Hi there,

I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

o-o

Thomas

Tad McClellan

Thomas Kaufmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm a Perl-Newbie

Please check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to the Perl newsgroup.

> and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

perldoc -q IDE

Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Jussi Jumppanen

Someone wrote:

> Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?

The Zeus Programmer's Editor Version 3.93 now with perl:

http://www.zeusedit.com/perl.html

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor
"The C/C++, Java, HTML, FTP, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
http://www.zeusedit.com

Mothra

"Bernard El-Hagin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns951F9B54EE7CCelhber1lidotechnet@62.89.127. 66:

> Thomas Kaufmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
>> you help me?

> Console + screen + vim. Oh wait, you said modern. xterm + screen + vim.

vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

;o)

phaylon

Mothra wrote:

> vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

I like that Completion-Feature of Eclipse. OTOH sometimes it lacks in
syntax-highlighting, specially things with an # in it.

http://www.dunkelheit.at/

»Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven«
-- John Milton, »Paradise Lost«

Alain Star

:::: I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
:::: you help me?

UltraEdit is very fine. You can even syntax check or run your script within.

AS
--
http://cri.ch/perl_neticq.html

Anno Siegel

Mothra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> "Bernard El-Hagin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Xns951F9B54EE7CCelhber1lidotechnet@62.89.127. 66:
>
> > Thomas Kaufmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
> >> you help me?

> > Console + screen + vim. Oh wait, you said modern. xterm + screen + vim.

> vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

The one good thing about IDEs is the ability to point your editor to
the place where an error occurred without having to type in the line
number (and possibly filename).

Vim (as opposed to vi and other clones) has the QuickFix feature that
supports this. QuickFix can be used with Perl through the module
Vi::QuickFix, available from CPAN, author yours truly.

Anno

Do we have educational IDEs? hiwa Java 63 06-01-2005 03:08 AM
Survey on refactoring activities using IDEs Sebastian Jekutsch Java 5 06-09-2004 06:15 AM
Java IDEs Zachary Turner Java 8 05-02-2004 09:56 PM
Looking For Decent Java IDEs Tim Zhao Java 10 11-17-2003 01:55 AM
visual IDEs Slash Java 22 09-29-2003 10:28 PM

Advertisments