Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Deparse error

Deparse error

rmartin

I need to try the Deprse function

my system Windows Xp
Perl 5.6.1

C:\DeparseTest\bin>perl -MO=Deparse catalogo.cgi
Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
line 1039.
CHECK failed--call queue aborted.

The module is installed?
I try to
ppm verify

PPM interactive shell (2.1.5) - type 'help' for available commands.
PPM> verify b-deparse
While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
by PPM

Any idea?
thanks
ramrtin

rmartin

> > Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
> > line 1039.

> This indicates Deparse is installed on your system.

Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST

> > PPM> verify b-deparse
> > While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
> > by PPM

> This indicates Deparse is not installed on your system.
>
> Which report do you believe?

What's repot?

can you help me?
i try to search deparse in ppm but:

PPM> search deparse
Packages available from http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PP...erver.pl?urn:/
PPMServer:
Parse-RecDescent-Deparse [1.00] Turn a Parse::RecDescent object back into its
grammar

Is not the right!!!!
Whats my module B-Deparse?

Brian McCauley

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (rmartin) writes:

> > > Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
> > > line 1039.

> > This indicates Deparse is installed on your system.

> Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST

PADLIST is a method that is being called at line 1039 of B/Deparse.pm
but with an undefined value where the object reference should be.

I suspect that the person who wrote the code was expecting a B::CV
object as class B::CV does indeed have a method called PADLIST. The B
stuff is not well documented but I'd guess that it should return the
list of pads (lexical variable symbol table thingies) associated with
a Perl interal CV object (i.e. a subroutine). Whenever I try to call
it I just get a segmentation fault.

> > > While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
> > > by PPM

> > This indicates Deparse is not installed on your system.

No, it indicates that the PPM version of the mythical _distribution_
'b-deparse' has not been installed. B:eparse is part of the
standard Perl distrbution and has been for some time AFAIK.

> What's repot?

It's what you do to plants when they get too big for the pot they are
in.

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl...B/B/Deparse.pm

--
\\ ( )