Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Digest::Base HELP!

Digest::Base HELP!

root

Sorry for my ignornance, but I need to install the Digest::Base CPAN
module into the default Perl 5.8.0 install of RH9.0 to satisfy some
dependancies, but cannot obviously work out how to do it (there is no
Makefile.PL).

Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Curtis

>> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:15 +0100,
>> root <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Sorry for my ignornance, but I need to install the
> Digest::Base CPAN module into the default Perl 5.8.0 install
> of RH9.0 to satisfy some dependancies, but cannot obviously
> work out how to do it (there is no Makefile.PL).

> Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base'

Tad McClellan

root <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
^^^^ ^^^^

You are not really running your newsreader as the superuser, are you?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

root

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:15 +0100, root wrote:

> Sorry for my ignornance, but I need to install the Digest::Base CPAN
> module into the default Perl 5.8.0 install of RH9.0 to satisfy some
> dependancies, but cannot obviously work out how to do it (there is no
> Makefile.PL).
>
> Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony

Yes, I am running as root. Not good I know. This was a very quick
post from a development box.

Anyway, if I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base' I get the following
message back

CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Database was generated on Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:05:12 GMT
Warning: Cannot install Digest::Base, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Digest::Base/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Eric Bohlman

root <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed). roke.co.uk:

> Anyway, if I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base' I get the
> following message back
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
> Database was generated on Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:05:12 GMT
> Warning: Cannot install Digest::Base, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
> i /Digest::Base/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.
>
> Any other recommendations?

i /^Digest::/ brings up a very long list, one of the last entries of which
shows Digest::Base as being part of the Digest module written by Gisle Aas.
install Digest installed it for me.

Doing a partial search using i is a very powerful technique for tracking
down "missing" modules.