Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Please don't laugh

Please don't laugh

gale

Want to configure properties of a datagrid in C# during runtime. I want to
run the following simple command:

DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=False;

But I am presented with error that name "False" does not exist in my class
etc....

Do I need to reference some dll or what???

Henke

Is it C# or VB.NET if it's C# it's called false not False.

"gale" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:b9l8ntj1vl03.1svtfcby90pq7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Want to configure properties of a datagrid in C# during runtime. I want to
> run the following simple command:
>
> DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=False;
>
> But I am presented with error that name "False" does not exist in my class
> etc....
>
> Do I need to reference some dll or what???

Davide Vernole [MVP]

gale <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Want to configure properties of a datagrid in C# during runtime. I
> want to run the following simple command:
>
> DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=False;
>
> But I am presented with error that name "False" does not exist in my
> class etc....
>
> Do I need to reference some dll or what???

Remember that C# is case sensitive. So you should write:

DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = false;

--
Davide Vernole
MVP ASP/ASP.NET

gale

ignore my question, figured it out...

Patrice

C# is case sensitive. The keyword is false (rather than False with a capital
letter).

Patrice

--

"gale" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:b9l8ntj1vl03.1svtfcby90pq7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Want to configure properties of a datagrid in C# during runtime. I want to
> run the following simple command:
>
> DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=False;
>
> But I am presented with error that name "False" does not exist in my class
> etc....
>
> Do I need to reference some dll or what???

Rob

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:27:53 +0200, gale <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Want to configure properties of a datagrid in C# during runtime. I want to
>run the following simple command:
>
>DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=False;
>
>But I am presented with error that name "False" does not exist in my class
>etc....
>
>Do I need to reference some dll or what???

Have you tried:

DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns=false;

(c# is case-sensitive)

David Wier